Monday, November 10, 2008

Ten Days Down, Twenty Days to Go

Or, well, almost ten days down. The date throws me off because I don't sleep during nighttime hours anymore, apparently.

I haven't written anything in a few days, as far as NaNo goes. I have two pep talks sitting in my inbox waiting to be read, but I haven't because I think they'll make me feel bad for not having written anything. Not that letting them sit there is any better. Finals time is on me full force now, so I have an endless onslaught of work to do between now and the twentieth. Somehow though, finals time is always when I find the time to do the most useless things -- it's how I cope, maybe. Yesterday, I finished penciling all the pages for my ten-page minicomic, which is my Sequential Art final. That was a little ahead of schedule as far as my day-to-day plans go, but instead of taking advantage of that fact to get a head, I watched Perfect Blue instead, and today, I watched some more of Spice and Wolf. I've got a 6-8 page paper due Wednesday I'm going to try and start now, but...

Still no ideas for where NaNo is going, if anywhere. My roommate has given up, and I feel like it's partially my fault because the idea was to motivate each other to begin with. Of course, there's still time to "catch up later," but by the time I get out of classes, there'll be ten days left -- and there'd still be traveling to do.

I think the idea of giving up completely is only hard this year because I really wanted to have three wins in a row (though of course, after any number of wins, it becomes harder to stop; whether I'd won once before or ten times before, the first year things stop going well will suck). The years before my first win in 2006 were all pretty lackluster like this. I think the worst part is just the idea that maybe I won't have the motivation to try as hard as I did in 2006 and 2007 if I left 2008 die.

No comments: